How to access the search interface
The search interface can be accessed from the top menu from "Get Data->Integrated search interface" or directly from the front page using the "Quick access to data" block on the left.
The search interface
The search interface is composed on a central map and several filters:
When accessing the search interface the map is showing the latest available datasets on the satellittdata.no portal. Actions can be performed interacting with the map:
- Select Projections: the projection of the map and the bounding boxes can be changed using this button.
- Create bounding box filter: click this button to create a bounding box and define a geographical filter on the results.
- Visualize all Sentinel products in Map: the available products will be loaded and visualized directly on the map.
- Reset search: click to clear the filter and start a new search
- Reset map: resets the map
- zoom: clicking the +/- buttons on the left of the map it is possible to zoom in and out.
- E: zoom to extent.
- : clicking the button a side panel will show to add or remove map layers and features as well as change the opacity of the overlayers.
- : location names can be searched with an autocomplete function (i.e. start typing a location and select from the drop-down menu). All datasets within that region will show as result of this filtering (see below).
- : show inset of map
- : show full screen mode
The results of the search will be dynamically updated when filters are selected.
- Full text search block;
- Start and end date: start and end date of the datasets
- Cloud coverage: in percentage which indicates how much of the available data that are covered by clouds.
- Platform:The platform used to collect the data. Once the Sentinel platform is selected (e.g. Sentinel-1) additional filtering is possible on the constellation siblings (e.g. 1A or 1B)
- Instrument: The instrument used.
- Mode: The instrument modes.
- Isotopic categories: The general subjects for which geospatial data may be relevant as defined by ISO.
- Start date year/month/day: Alternative and/or additional temporal extent filtering
- Keywords: The GCMD Earth Science keywords of the form Category > Topic > Term > Variable > Detailed Variable.
Reset the search
To start a new search and remove all filters click the "Reset" button on the left side of the page.